Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday, August 13th - Psalm 81

Happy Saturday morning!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 81 v 10: God says, "Open wide your mouth & I will fill it." If my mouth is open, I cannot be spouting off - and in silence I can listen!

We can definitely learn from this Psalm.  It is a history lesson told with such clarity.  As has been said for ages, we learn from our mistakes and better ourselves in the process.  Let us heed His Word and we will be filled and satisfied!

Music was so important to the psalmist and I can relate to that in a big way.  The first few verses of this psalm are filled with music terminology - "Sing for joy to God our strength"; "Begin the music, strike the tambourine, play the melodious harp and lyre"; "Sound the ram's horn."  God loves music!  Sing to Him today!  Praise Him!

God cares for us and wants to bless us with everything, just as He did for the people of Israel.  However, He asks that we LISTEN and obey.  Verse 8: "...if you would but listen to me..."  Verse 11: "...but my people would not listen to me".  Verse 13: "If my people would but listen to me, if Israel would follow my ways,..." 
I go back to Lisa's tweet and the fact that if our mouths are open, we cannot be talking, but listen!!!  If we but LISTEN to Him, He wants to bless us and care for us and provide the very, very best for us!  I love the last verse of this psalm: "But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you."  Wow!

So, are we listening or are we following our own devices - going our own way in stubbornness?  I want to listen and obey!  I want to be a part of the very best that God has for me and His children - His Church! 
Let's listen and obey!  Let's sing to Him our strength!  Play the harp, the piano, the tambourine, the trumpet and all instruments to His praise!  He is my joy!  I will forever praise Him!

Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment