Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday, August 14th - Psalm 82

Good Morning!

It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day!  I thought we would get more rain than we did yesterday, but at least we got a little moisture.  I saw the clouds forming and thought we were in for a storm and then it started to hail! I was amazed!  It rained for a little bit and then the sun came out.  I went outside to go home from a friends and found this:
Look at the detail and the size!  Needless to say, I was amazed!
Okay, let's get on with the devotional thoughts for today.  :o)

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 82: God is taking earthly judges to task (2-5).  He is the Ultimate Judge - but humans in power should be representing Him.  Pray for them.

I don't have a lot to add to Lisa's tweet/thoughts today, other than to ask that you and I pray for our leaders today.  I mean all of our leaders!  Let me, if I may, provide a little direction:
     *  pray for Mike Baker and our Eldership at Eastview, that they might continue to listen to God and seek His will and direction
     *  pray for the other Ministers and Leaders of the many ministries, including Nicki and Lisa for GEMS!
     *  pray for our City government officials - both Bloomington and Normal
     *  pray for our State government officials
     *  pray for our President and our National government officials
God has asked us to pray for our leaders and the government and we need to listen and obey!

Hope to see some of you at church this morning!  Have a great day!
Blessings!

Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment