Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesday, August 17th - Psalm 85

Good Morning!

This week is just flying by and I can't believe school starts tomorrow.  My kids are so excited and ready to go.  I can remember my school days and how much I wanted to get back to school to see my friends, to begin using a new note book, and have all new school supplies.  I still have a very hard time not buying bunches of stuff for me!  :o)  I did buy a couple note books last night!  :o)

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 85: (1-3) "Choices" God makes that reveal His heart (4)  We break the covenant with God, then ask Him to restore us.  Choose right living.

God accepts us for who we are, but is willing and able to change us and make us new!  Yes, we still sin and He is faithful to forgive, but we need to strive to be more like Him.  To follow and give Him complete control.  To listen to Him and share His Good News!

I love the last verses of this Psalm.  "Love and Faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other. Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven."  I think of the Father (God) as LOVE and us trying to be the FAITHFUL.  We meet together through God's Son - Jesus who is RIGHTEOUSNESS.  He came and died and rose again so that He could provide our hope of eternal life with Him.  We are still here on earth and He is watching and looking down from Heaven - waiting for the Father to say, "Go and get my Church, Your Bride!" 
What a glorious day that will be!  We will all be together praising our God and our Savior.

I hope you each have a great day!
Blessings!
Cheri Lynn



No comments:

Post a Comment