Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday, August 24th - Psalm 92

Good Morning GEMS,

Praise the Lord we finally got some rain yesterday!  I even got wet going to my car for lunch, but I was okay with that, as we needed it and it felt pretty good!  I used to love to walk in the rain (when there was no lightening/thunder) and sing and pray.  Just something about it that was relaxing and peaceful.  Strange, I know!  :o)

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 92: Palm tree/cedar tree: Vital, flourishing, not moved by circumstances, bigger and stronger with age. Let's be like them - Sing for joy.

I love this Psalm of praise.  Verse 1: "It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High..."  I love to sing praises to the Lord!  I find myself humming or singing or whistling almost all the time.  Verse 2 says that we should proclaim His love in the morning and His faithfulness at night.  I think it is safe to say that we should be in communication with and communicating our Lord and Savior, our God, ALL the time! 

It continues in verse 4, that it makes us glad and we sing with joy at the works of His Hands.  God has given us everything we need and would should rejoice!  Verse 8 says it all, "But you, O Lord, are exalted forever."  Eternity!  No beginning and no end!

The imagery of the trees - the palm and cedar - is amazing!  They are two of the strongest trees that God created.  The palm tree is a little more flexible and gives with the wind and doesn't brake.  The cedar is tall and strong with very deep roots.
I especially like verse 14, "They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green."  I can take that verse to heart as I raise my young children in my "old" age!  :o)

As Lisa said, let's be like these trees: vital, flourishing, not moved by circumstances, and stronger with age.  Let us proclaim His love and faithfulness today and everyday!

I love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment