Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday, June 10th - Psalm 16

Hey GEMS:

Hope you had a great day and have begun your weekend with smiles and joy in your hearts.  It has been a beautiful day, but we may be in for some storms tonight.

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 16 O much good stuff here! Apart from God I have no good thing (2). He counsels me because I listen to Him (7). He gives me joy (11).

As Lisa says, this whole Psalm is full of good things.  I especially like verses 1-3; 5-11.  I guess you could say I like the whole Psalm!  :o) 
" I have set the Lord always before me...I will not be shaken." (vs 8)  Oh, that is my prayer...may I always have the Lord in front of me leading and guiding my steps.  Seek Him first!  Don't try it on my own as I will surely fail!  Keep my eyes on Him - upward and in front!
"My heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will rest secure..." (vs 9)  My heart is full of joy and my tongue sings HIS praise.  I rejoice in Him and I am secure and rest in Him!
"...eternal pleasures at your right hand." (vs 11b)  a glimpse of heaven?  We will be praising and rejoicing and dancing ALL the time!  All in His presence!!!  Hallelujah!!!  Maranatha!!!

Sleep well my sisters in Christ!  We will chat again tomorrow!
Love and prayers,
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment