Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday, June 30th - Psalm 36

Good Morning!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 36: Unlike wicked people (1-4), God's light (9) allows believers to "see" their own sin and the path toward being more like God (5-8).

As I read this passage this morning I thought of the world we live in today!  It is the same as what David experienced in his lifetime.  Our work (sharing Christ with the world) is cut out for us!  We "see" because of HIS light and we are HIS light in this dark world.  We may be the only Jesus someone "sees" today!  Is your light shining bright?

Verses 5-9 are a praise song that used to be sung quite often and I haven't heard it for awhile.  Look at the words and sing them to Him today!  Rest in His unfailing love!  Allow your light to become strong by being in the presence of His light (a daily quiet time). 
Go out and SHINE!  See others around you with His eyes! 

Father God, I praise You with my innermost being!  I worship You!  I know You are not finished molding me and making me into what You want me to be, but I praise You.  I long to be more like You!  Father, allow me to see others through Your eyes, break my heart with those things that break Yours, give me Your strength so that I will not become weary, and let me love as You love me - unconditionally and with an unfailing love.  May others see YOU when they look at me and know that YOU are my Father, my Savior, my Friend and want the same for them!  I love You!  In Your Son's name - Jesus, I pray. Amen!

Have a great day GEMS!  I will talk to y'all tomorrow, but from the state of Missouri!  Family reunion time!  :o)  Love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment