Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday, June 21st - Psalm 27

Good Morning GEMS!

Happy first day of summer! :o)  The kids and I will be travelling home today from Missouri!  We have had a great time down here with my folks and my sister and her family, but we are anxious to get home.  Please keep us in prayer as we travel!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 27: What do you fear? If it overtakes you, your focus is on your fear, not your God. Choose God-not fear-as your stronghold.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?"  Psalm 27:1
Choosing God and not fear is the only way to go!  He is always with us and will protect us and guide us through this journey of LIFE.  That is a promise to us from Him!  He never said that it would be easy, but HE did say it would be worth it!  Eternal life with HIM!

I like verse 4:  "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple."
This is my prayer!  That this side of heaven, I will SEEK Him each and every day and will dwell with Him all my days until His return and I will gaze upon Him, seek Him and praise Him FOREVER!
As I grow in my personal relationship with Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, I can have these things.  Through prayer I can enter His presence and I can pour out my fears and my need to know HIM more!  I can SEEK His face and ask to be protected, to be surrounded with His love, to be the child that He wants me to be - all the days of my life!  HE IS my Stronghold!

I know that HE is protecting me and that HE is ALWAYS present to hold me up when I can't go on!  I have experienced this in the last couple weeks in a very real battle!  I ran to HIM and He gave me the strength and comfort and wisdom that I needed.  He used His children and His Holy Spirit to help me!  No, it has not been easy, but HE has brought me through it and I am stronger IN Him because of it!  TRUST HIM!

Choose God and not fear as your stronghold!  HE will not let you down or fail you!

Have a great day and remember that we (the Leadership and Prayer Team) are praying for you daily!  We can't wait to see what God has for us in the coming months!  Stay strong!

Love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment