Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday, June 22nd - Psalm 28

Good Morning GEMS:

This morning's thoughts come to you from Normal, IL! :o)  The kids and I got back home yesterday afternoon and were happy to see that the storms followed us and happened here too!  :o)  It was good to sleep in our own beds last night, even though it was a very late night for me. 
I had a very encouraging conversation and prayer time (all in Portuguese) with my former co-worker in Portugal.  I keep a Blog for them and their ministry and we had some catching up to do - over 40 minutes!  It was great!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 28: This is a prayer of faith. Sometimes we're praying to God, but we wonder if He's there. Pray like the psalmist - trust in God (v7).

The psalmist knows what has and will happen as he prays in faith.  Have you noticed that these prayers have all the elements we have talked about - Adoration/Praise; Confession; Thanksgiving; and Supplication/asking?  The psalmist pours out his heart and knows that God hears!
I, like Lisa, was drawn to verse 7:  "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

God is always there/here!  He hears us when we pray.  I received another tweet yesterday from a friend that had the following:  "The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays."  ~Soren Kiekegard  I feel that if we continue to grow in our personal relationship with Jesus, we become more like Him and we become more passionate about the things that concern Him or that break His heart.  He cares for us and HE loves us and wants/desires to have daily conversation!
Won't you pray as the psalmist - with trust?  He is your Strength and your Stronghold!

Have a great day everyone!
Love and prayers!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment