Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday, June 17th - Psalm 23

Good Morning GEMS!

Happy Friday!  One of the most famous scripture passage is ours to read and meditate on today - Psalm 23!  Many have read it, memorized it, printed it and even sung it.  It is very well known.  Let's take a look!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 23:If you truly understand who God is, how He protects and provides for you, the things of this world are not scary.  He loves you.

The Lord is my shepherd - He takes care of us; He loves us; He is always present!

He gives us rest!  He encourages a quiet time with Him!  That is one of the things I love most about going down to the Lake - sitting on the dock and watching the sunrise and listening to the birds and looking out on the still waters (where sometimes a huge fish jumps out) and taking in HIS creation.  He paints the very best mornings I have ever seen!
It is a time of quiet, a time of praise, a time of reflection, and a time of encouragement and renewal.

He guides me!  Who could ask for anything more.  To have the Creator of the Universe as our guide!  He has a plan for me and I just need to follow - to sit and be still before Him and know His will for my life!  He is with me every step of the way - through the good times, the sad times and the bad times.  He comforts me and protects me and sometimes even carries me! 

He is preparing a place for me!  I am His and He is mine.  He is preparing my home in Glory!  There will be goodness and love and I will live with Him forever!  Hallelujah!

I am sure this passage means many things to each of you.  The thoughts above are what it spoke to me today, but I can say, I read it differently every time!  That is the greatest things about the Word of God - we can read it over and over and see something different or new each time!  Read the passage again and listen to the Lord - What is He saying to you TODAY!

I'll be writing from Missouri the next few days, but I will be here!  Have a wonderful day!  I love y'all!  Blessings!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment