Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday, June 19th - Psalm 25

Father's Day 2011

Good Morning GEMS!

I know today is a time of celebration for many and a time of sadness for some.  I am celebrating with my Dad today and yet I am mindful of those that have lost their earthly fathers this past year.  There are some that don't like this day at all due to bad memories or no memories. 
To each and everyone of us, I want to say, "Rejoice and be glad!  Our Heavenly Father loves us and cares for us like no other!  He has been, is, and forever will be our Father!  Celebrate!"

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 25 V 3: We have to die to our definition of what it means to be put to shame, because this promise is true. No shame for God's kids.

Lisa is right as she says there is no shame for us as God's children!  Hallelujah! 
There is so much in this short Psalm that we can take and ponder.  In verse 1 - "To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God."  Verse 4 and 5 - "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."  Trust - Teach - Guide - Hope!  All of these stem from our personal relationship with HIM!  There is no shame for those that love and follow Jesus - our Lord and Savior.
Look at the rest of the verses and find the strong words of encouragement and strength that we can hold on to in hard times and good times, as we grow in our personal walk with the Savior!  Great mercy and love - good and upright - instructs - guides - teaches - loving and faithful -  confides - refuge - integrity - hope - love!  All of these describe our God, our Savior, our Lord!

We are His children! He is our Father!  Honor Him today!

Love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment