Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday, June 7th - Psalm 13

Good Evening sweet GEMS!

I hope you have had a great day and stayed cool!  The kids and I went swimming again tonight for about an hour and they loved it.  It wasn't too crowded and it was fun to watch my daughter getting braver each time she goes!  She trusts me, but wants to do things on her own.  However, she is always looking to make sure I am not far away!  I love it!

Isn't that kind of the way we are with God?  We trust Him, but want to do things on our own.  Then when the going gets a little rough, we quickly look around to make sure He is close and we can lean on Him.

Lisa's Tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 13: How long, O Lord, must I wrestle with my thoughts?  Talk to God when destructive thoughts that are in your head. Vs 5-6  Wait in hope.

There are times when we have to wrestle with our thoughts, but we have the promise that we can approach the Throne with confidence that He hears and He answers.  We just need to talk to Him.  Share your thoughts, no matter what they might be!  HE is interested in YOU and wants to walk beside you every step of the way.  HE loves you and wants to be loved by you!

Look at verses 5 and 6:  "But I trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in Your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me."  HIS unfailing love makes my heart rejoice and I can't but sing because HE has been good to me!!

I love to sing and especially praise to my Lord and King!  I wrote the following for Memorial Day and I would like to share it with you tonight.

                                         "Praises Ring"
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America;
And to the Republic for which it stands;
One Nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Today we honor those who have given us the right to be free,
Our Military, our Veteran's - from sea to shining sea.

They all have fought so very hard and many have given their all,
As we hear Taps or see the Flag - we rise, salute, and stand tall.

"I pledge allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior,
For who's Kingdom it stands;
One brotherhood, uniting all Christians in service and in love."

We have a Savior that gave His life so we might live,
I serve Him with all I am - to Him my all I give.

Each pledge is connected to our ability to be free;
Whether it's the flag of the USA or the empty Cross we see.

I will sing as long as I am able, to honor my God, my Savior, my King;
From the mountains to the prairies, I will let HIS praises ring!
                                                               ~Cheri Lynn Oakley  5/29/2011

Let His praises ring in all that you do!  HE deserves our very best as we patiently wait on His return.  God Bless y'all!  Love ya!

Cheri Lynn

1 comment: