Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday, June 16th - Psalm 22

Happy Thursday GEMS:

It looks like we are going to have a beautiful day!  As I sit here and think about all my blessings I remember the simple childhood chorus we sing:  "Jesus loves me this I know; for the Bible tells me so.  Little ones to Him belong; they are weak, but He is strong.  Yes, Jesus loves me; Yes, Jesus loves me; Yes, Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so."  Oh how He loves me and He loves you!  How wide and how deep is the Savior's love for you and me - us?

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm22: Look for all the references to Jesus' suffering-V 1, 6, 7, 8, 15, 16, 17, 18. Jesus can relate to our suffering because He went through it.

As I read today's Psalm, I was amazed at all the reference to Jesus' suffering and His crucifixion.  So many say the Old Testament is hard to read, but I get excited to find all the references to the New Testament and the Christian Life of the New Covenant that Jesus gave.
As Lisa said, Jesus can relate to all our suffering because He went through it.  There is nothing we can confront or experience that He, our Savior, has not gone through.  We just need to cry out to Him and He will give us peace, real peace like no other.  He has been there and He was and is victorious!  We have the same promise and with Him - all things are possible.  After all, we have read the end of the Book and we win - as sons and daughters of God, fully devoted followers of Christ, baptized believers - we will go HOME and praise our God forever!  No more suffering, no more tears, no more death!  Eternity in Heaven!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."  John 3:16

Have a great day sisters!  We love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment