Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursday, June 9th - Psalm 15

Good Evening!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 15: A quick list of some characteristics for living a holy life.  I asked myself, "How do I match up to this list?"

Psalm 15:1 "Lord, who may dwell in your sanctuary?  Who may live on your holy hill?"
1. Him whose walk is blameless
2. He who does what is righteous
3. He who speaks the truth from his heart
4. He who has no slander on his tongue
5. He who treats his neighbor right
6. He who doesn't gossip about his fellow man
7. He who despises the wicked, but honors those who fear the Lord
8. He who keeps his word even when it hurts
9. He who lends money without charging an exorbitant amount of interest
10. He who doesn't accept a bribe against the innocent
"He who does these things will never be shaken."  Psalm 15:5b

How do you measure up?  I continually try, but fall short at times.  There are so many of my friends that say, "When I can not be ashamed of who I am and what I have done or I'm doing, I will come to church and be baptized."  Don't wait!!  God the Father - Jesus the Son - and the Holy Spirit accept you just as you are - filthy!  His blood will wash us clean and we start anew - a new creature in Christ!  

The list above is in the Old Testament and still has good advice, but we live under the New Covenant - the Blood of Jesus shed on the Cross for the remission of our sins and His resurrection three days later giving us the hope and promise of eternal life!

Let Jesus guide you through each day through the Holy Spirit!  Seek His face daily through study of His Word and a quiet time with Him daily!  Remember to pray in prayer! 

I love y'all!  Sleep well dear GEMS!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment