Our Mission

To lovingly provide a small group ministry for single mothers of all ages both inside and outside of Eastview Christian Church to help them become intensely dedicated to Jesus Christ.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday, June 20th - Psalm 26

Happy Monday GEMS!

Lisa's tweet: LMRMinistries: Psalm 26 V2: Do I live in such a way that I am fine with asking the Lord to look deeply and test me and know that He will see righteousness?

Great question Lisa!  As I read our Psalm this morning I thought about what the Psalmist was saying and leading a blameless life and not sitting with deceitful men or the wicked.  That is my goal and I try, but I fail.  As Christ's followers we are called to share the Gospel with those we meet and that do not know Him - the wicked and deceitful.  I do not feel that we would be able to pray the same prayer as the Psalmist if we did not have a strong personal relationship with Jesus and gain the strength and wisdom that only He can give to carry out His commands.

Look at verse 3: "for Your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in Your truth."  In verse 6 through 8 the Psalmist says that he worships the Lord and proclaims His praise and tells all of His wonderful deeds.  He loves to go to house where the Lord lives. (temple) 
We have the opportunity in prayer to approach the Throne at any time, day or night, and to worship our Lord and Savior and King.  We gather together with our Christian family and worship corporately and gain the strength we need for each week or day.  We lean on each other as we lean and look to Him for answers and comfort and love.  Yes, we have rough times, but we get through them with the help and prayers of our sisters and brothers in Christ and HIS presence in our lives - the Holy Spirit.

I can pray the prayer of verse 2: "Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and mind;" and know that He will find a heart that is trying to live as He desires and that longs for His presence and teaching and to become like Him in all that I say and do. 
Praise the Lord, HE is not finished with me yet and I am still a work in progress!  I will be until HE returns to take us HOME, where we will be perfect as He is perfect and praise Him for all eternity.

There is a hymn that came to mind and I have been humming ever since I started reading this morning:

"Search me, O God, and know my heart today,
Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts, I pray;
See if there be some wicked way in me;
Cleanse me from every sin, and set me free.

I praise Thee, Lord, for cleansing me from sin;
Fulfill Thy word and make me pure within;
Fill me with fire, where once I burned with shame;
Grant my desire to magnify Thy name.

Lord, take my life, and make it wholly Thine;
Fill my poor heart with Thy great love divine;
Take all my will, my passion, self and pride;
I now surrender, Lord, in me abide.

O Holy Ghost, revival comes from Thee;
Send a revival, start the work in me;
Thy Word declares Thou wilt supply our need;
For blessings now, O Lord, I humbly plead.
                          ~ James Orr (1936)

This is my prayer dear Lord!  Search me, test me, try me; take all my will, my passion, self and pride; I surrender completely to You!  Send Your revival Lord and let it begin with me!

Have a great day everyone!  Love y'all!
Cheri Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment